For cable preparation we normally use 82374 kit from Nexans.
Complete Utility Tool Kit contains following:
- WS64 Adjustable cable stripper
- QC1 Quick clamp
- WS76 Semi-con shaving tool
- SCS Semi-con scoring tool
- GBKG05-05 Chamfering tool
- RFNP-S Plier 5.2 in flat nose short jaw
ADJUSTABLE CABLE STRIPPER WS 64
- “Universal” tool for end stripping or mid span stripping of insulating material or outer jackets.
- “Dual position” jaw for cable sizes from 1/2” up to 2-1/2” (12.7 to 63.5 mm) cable O.D. is versatile for electrical utility applications.
- Removes outer jacket on primary electrical cable (all major insulation shields)
- End stripping and mid span stripping with different blades (interchangeable).
QUICK CLAMP QC-1
- “Quick action” cable clamp for use as a stop for jacket stripping operations.
- Spring loaded jaws allow fast tightening onto cables and let you save the time.
- Rugged, bronze casting design for many years of use.
- Length: 7” (178 mm) Weight: 3 lb. 4 oz (875 g)
- Used with cable sizes from 0.50” (12.7 mm) up to 2.5” (63.5 mm) O.D.
SEMI-CON SHAVING TOOL WS 76
- Designed for shaving bonded semi-conductors.
- Facilitates removal of non bonded semi-conductor from older cables that were deployed .
- Diameter range over screen 0.71” -2.36” (18 mm-60 mm).
- Accurately removes semi-con shield within 25 mm (spiral action) in forward position.
- Accurate removal of semi-con shield within 7 mm (spiral action) by reversing the tool
- Winding pin for ship removal.
- Self feeding with stop position, two speeds forward and two speeds reverse.
- Shaves 15-35 kV cable.